CODE OF CONDUCT – SUMMARY OF OFFENCES
No person/s attending a match, function or event shall:
- Use offensive or obscene language to any participant;
- Enter the Field of Play or the Playing Area during the course of a match without the prior approval of the Ground Manger appointed by the home club and/or League;
- Excessively dispute the decision of a referee or touch judge either during or after a match;
- Assault or act with aggression to any person/s;
- Behave in a way contrary to the Code of Conduct and/or the spirit of the game;
- Behave in a way which disturbs the enjoyment of a match, function or event by any other person/s, or brings discredit to the home club and/or League;
- Act in such a way as to exhibit racial intolerance, by language or other conduct, to any person/s;
- Refuse to accept the reasonable direction of the Ground Manger, official of the team/club which that person is supporting, or official of the home club and/or League.
Clubs are responsible for the conduct of their players, parents/carers of players, coaches, officials and club supporters.
Breaches of the Rugby League Code of Conduct may result in penalties, including but not limited to
- Suspension of a match and/or
- Termination of a match (including potential forfeiture of competition points) and/or
- Monetary fines and/or
- Suspension of a participant on a temporary or permanent basis and/or
- Suspension of a club/League or Association on a temporary or permanent basis.
These penalties are in addition to any penalty which may be imposed by the home Leagues’ judiciary.