Gold Coast Junior Rugby League
Photography and Video Filming Policy
It is not the intention of Gold Coast Junior Rugby League (GCJRL) to prohibit those with a legitimate interest in filming or photographing children, young people and helpers/officials participating in sport related activities associated with GCJRL.
PURPOSE OF THE POLICY
- To ensure that GCJRL players, coaches, managers and parents have control over the images and recorded data of children/young people;
- To deter unsuitable people/persons from misusing sporting activities to obtain images or recorded data of members of GCJRL;
- To prevent unsuitable images or recorded data of GCJRL members, or inappropriate representation of the sport from being produced;
- To protect the identity of GCJRL members who may be made (to feel) vulnerable or compromised through the publication of their photos or personal details;
- To ensure at all GCJRL players, parents, coaches, managers and officials are aware of these guidelines and accept and agree to abide by the guidelines.
PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY DURING GCJRL GAMES
- Any person, with a legitimate interest, wishing to take still photography or video filming during any GCJRL must seek permission from both the home team manager and opposing team manager or duty official before undertaking any such photographing or videoing.
- A team manager or duty official has the right to refuse photography or videography for a legitimate reason only.
Legitimate reason includes, but is not limited to:
o A child/young person on the team is protected by a court order;
o A professional photographer or videographer has been hired by either team or home club;
o A child/young person or team official wishes for identity protection, or is made to feel vulnerable or compromised through the publication of their photos or personal details.
THE USE OF PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS OR VIDEOGRAPHERS
- The home club or either of the participating teams may choose to hire a professional photographer or videographer to record any game or sporting event of the District.
- If a professional photographer or videographer is hired the home club or either competing team may deny any request for others to take photos or videos
- If requests are denied GCJRL or the affiliated club that hired the photographer must make copies of videos or photos available for purchase by any other party who can display a legitimate interest in the photograph or video.
For further information regarding this policy please contact your local club to view the policy in full.